There are ways to handle money sensibly. Here are some ideas:
Sit down, and write down the money you spend on different things, over a week. It will surprise you.
– If possible, only buy on a cash basis – don’t borrow money with a loan or credit card.
– If you are considering buying something, wait for some days and check
– Buy things at the end of their season, when they may be cheaper.
– Learn to mend things to make them last longer.
– Use a shopping list, so that you do not buy extra things you do not need. (This is called ‘impulse buying’!)
– Look for special cheap offers.
– Don’t believe what advertisements tell you!
– Share things with your friends.